I have even used the lipstick remdey on my cheeks and eyes, but this may not be safe for others. I do love using the lipstick though.
Make lipstick with crayons
- Petroleum jelly (Vaseline)
- A crayon, any colour you like
-Vitamin E oil/gel cap
-Small travel jars (can be purchased at a dollar store) or empty makeup containers to store your lipstick
-Microwaveable bowl, preferably ceramic or glass
1. Remove the paper from the crayon, then using your knife, cut the crayon in half and put one half away.
2. Finely chop the crayon, and place the bits into the bowl.
3. Spoon out 1 teaspoon of petroleum jelly into the bowl, then mix it with the bits of crayon. Optional: Add a few drops of Vitamin E oil or use the knife to cut a slit into the gel cap and squeeze the oil in. This will provide extra softness and shine.
4. Put the mixture into the microwave for 3 minutes or until it is melted. Carefully take the bowl out with your oven mitts on; the bowl will be hot!
5. Act fast, or the mixture will harden! Take your stirring stick and mix well, then spoon the liquid lipstick into your container. Wait a few seconds until the mixture hardens, then apply your new lipstick! Tip: you may need to rub your lips together a couple more times than with store-bought lipstick to evenly disperse the product.
Make Eye Shadow Using Crayons
Things You'll Need
Mortar and pestle
Sealable plastic bag
Wooden mallet or rolling pin
Miniature herb grinder
Clean, dry towel
Several small bowls
Old eye shadow tray or small container
1. Purchase the nontoxic color crayons you want to use. Grind each individual color down in a mortar and pestle. You can also put the crayons in a sealable plastic bag and pound them with a wooden mallet or crush them with a rolling pin.
2. Pour the ground crayon into the miniature herb grinder to reduce the grounds into a fine powder. Put the powder into a bowl. Grind one color at a time, and put the powder into separate bowls. Make sure to wipe the grinder down after each use with a clean, dry towel.
3. Experiment with different color combinations by mixing small amounts of ground powder into the grinder. Once you have the desired shade, inspect the mixture for any color streaks. Continue grinding the mixture until streaks disappear.
4. Pour the mixture into a clean bowl, and spray it with powder binder. Use a spoon to mix the binder until you have formed a paste.
5. Press the mixture into an old eye shadow tray or other small container using the back of a spoon. Allow the eye shadow to dry before using it.