Thursday, January 16, 2014

Laryngitis?

Today started of great.
My Aunt gave me some random goodies.
Our dietician gave us a good food box free (it wasn't picked up yesterday by the person who paid for it).
My book that I will read and write a review came in.

But now I seem to be losing my voice, for no reason what-so-ever. It is very weird it feels like there is Flem there in my throat and I keep wanting to clear it. So I looked up the causes and here is info in case it happens to others.

Noninfectious causes
Acid reflux disease, resulting in laryngitis gastrica
Allergies
Excessive coughing[citation needed], smoking, or alcohol consumption
Inflammation due to overuse of the vocal cords
Prolonged use of inhaled corticosteroids for asthma treatment
Thermal or chemical burns
Laryngeal trauma, including iatrogenic one caused by endotracheal intubation

Infectious causes
Viral infections can be caused by rhinovirus, influenza virus, parainfluenza virus, adenovirus, coxsackievirus, coronavirus, and RSV.
Bacterial infections can be caused by group A streptococcus, streptococcus pneumoniae, C. diphtheriae, M. catarrhalis, haemophilus influenzae, bordetella pertussis, bacillus anthracis, and M. tuberculosis. Bacterial infections usually follow pre-existing viral infection.
Fungal infections can be caused by Histoplasma, Blastomyces, Candida (especially in immunocompromised persons), and rarely by Cryptococcus and Coccidioides.

No comments:

Post a Comment