Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Undead Ultra (Undead Ultra #1)

by Camille Picott


I got a free audiobook code for audible. I had seen it in the passing and it was a new take on the zombie apocalypse scene that I knew I wanted to read it to see what happens in it, and I am very glad that I did so. I was not required to write a review for the code. Also I bought the ebook on a whim, to support the author and the great work they did writing this.

The book follows Kate as she runs to get to her son. Kate and her friend Frederico were ultrarunners but even this will test them to the limits as they try to scavenge for food, water, supplies on the way to their kids, all the while trying to dodge around the zombies and outwit other humans. Frederico to his daughter which is their first stop and Kate on her way to her son.

I have read the prequel first and was so excited to see where it blended into the main story. It did not disappoint me, it was so well written and blended in, that if you didnt read the prequel you wouldnt know that it was there.

Great read am glad I came across it in my travels.



Book Description:

Undead: a reanimated corpse with a craving for human flesh.

Ultramarathon: any footrace longer than a traditional marathon (26.2 miles).

For ultrarunners Kate and Frederico, a typical Saturday morning is spent pounding out a twenty- to thirty-mile “fun run.” It’s during one of their runs that an insidious illness descends upon northern California, turning humans into flesh-shredding zombies.

When Kate receives a desperate call from her son, Carter, she and Frederico flee their hometown and set out to help him. The only problem? Carter attends college over two hundred miles away and the freeways—clogged with car wrecks, zombies, and government blockades—are impassable. Running back roads and railroad tracks becomes their only means of travel, but neither of them has ever run so far before.

As pain, injuries, hunger, and fatigue plague them, getting to Carter and staying alive seem impossible. It’s either outrun the undead or become one of them, and for Kate, death is not an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment