Sunday, September 12, 2021

Happy Birthday Kiddo


20 years ago on September 11, 2001, when I was 17, at 7 am, I woke with bad cramps, thinking it was just indigestion once again I thought nothing of it, and went to my gynecologist exam that was scheduled for that day.

Upon arriving at the doctors, she did my normal exam and said that I was 3 inches dilated and that I was to head to the hospital.

While I was there, they proceeded to "pop my water" which I will just say now, they failed to do that. My daughter was 10 days overdue, so they were just trying to move things along faster I guess?

Anyways while I was walking up and down the hallways trying to move her down as the doctor ordered me to, Disaster struck, in more ways than one. As every one knows, the horror of what happened that day we call 9/11. I was horrified at what was on the news, but I couldn't stay in the lobby to find out more cause my parents had brought kfc for us all to eat and the smell had me running for the bathroom.

My daughter was born at 12:04am on Sept.12. I am very glad her birthday doesn't actually share the same time as that day, as it may have had an impact on her, in ways we will never know.

I know that no one who knows her reads my blog, but I still wanted to share a small part of the story. Love ya kiddo.

No comments:

Post a Comment